I bring in a blend of drinks industry and corporate finance advisory professional experience. I worked for Williamson Magor, world’s largest tea producer and Rubicon Drinks, UK’s leading juice drinks producer. At Rubicon, I developed a 3-year business plan with an objective of providing an exit for the shareholders (Rubicon was sold to AG Barr for c£60m, c11.8x EBITDA multiple). I was also involved in raising a £750k grant from the EU for building the Rubicon drinks manufacturing unit in Tredegar, Wales.
My corporate finance advisory experience has involved working at NM Rothschild and Sons and recently at Grant Thornton. I have completed 35 M&A deals totalling over £5bn. The drinks sector deals I worked on include:
- sale of 6’o’clock Gin to Hyde Park Spirits
- sale of Liberty Wines to Sogrape
- sale of Erben Drinks Packaging to Berlin
- strategic review and acquisition advisory for Bibendum
- CBILS loan advice for Venus Wine and Spirits Merchants plc
- CBILS loan advice for a leading UK independent water brand
I am an ACA-ICAEW and have completed an MBA from The Leeds University Business School. In my spare time, I like to play golf and squash and I practice yoga.